Services for the Rehabilitation of Rail and Mass Transit Propulsion Equipment
Sherwood Electromotion Inc. are Traction Motor experts for Rail and Mass Transit applications. Our capabilities and extensive expertise makes it possible for us to provide any required overhaul and assembly service for rail and mass transit traction motors with complete assurance of reliability. Our rigorous overhaul processes enable us to overhaul any traction motor regardless of the condition of an incoming motor or the extent of its damages.
Sherwood overhauls all makes of traction motors and propulsion system components, including:
Sherwood Electromotion Traction Motor Services includes:
- AC and DC traction motor major and minor overhauls
- Major repairs for motors that have suffered catastrophic damages
- Assembly of new AC and DC traction motors
- Structured overhaul programs
- Bearing replacement programs
- Rewind and recoil programs
- Modification and conversion programs
- Combos’ services
- Unit Exchange Services
Sherwood Electromotion has solutions to meet any traction motor service requirements and is able to offer special programs.
- We can overhaul motors in competitively fast turnaround times.
- We can create special programs to service entire traction motor pools.
- We can create special overhaul and assembly programs.
To help fleet managers and locomotive engineers maintain traction motor pools, we are able to offer the sale of new or refurbished traction motors, or UTEX (unit exchange services) while motors are being serviced. All overhauls and work performed by Sherwood Electromotion meet client requirements and OEM specifications, and are covered by a comprehensive warranty policy.
Sherwood Electromotion’s competitive advantage is in our assurance for the quality of our products and services, our ability to go beyond the competition with the quality of services we provide, and our commitment to exceed our customers’ expectations.