Perform dis-assembly, inspection, test and repair work on a variety of electrical power equipment. Involves disassembling, cleaning, inspecting, electrical and mechanical testing and refurbishing rotating electrical equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of performing electrical test (Insulation Resistance, Hi-Pot, Surge, Resistance
- Test, Bar to Bar, Impedance Testing and Polarity Tests)
- Capable of performing Mechanical Measurements (caliper, micrometer and dial indicator) as they relate to the motor fault analysis and rebuilding
Operating principles and the use of the following equipment
- Hydraulic presses and pullers
- Cutting machines.
- Soldering and brazing
- Washing and Drying Equipment
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnation equipment
- Usage of Cranes
- Usage of Forklift and Material handling equipment
- Usage of Industrial Ovens
- Usage of Hand Tools, Pneumatic and Hydraulic, as well as Impact Guns
- Knowledge of dismantling, stripping and construction according to the manufacturer’s specification
- Basic mathematical capabilities with an understanding of tolerances and sizes
- Able to follow written and verbal operating instructions.
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Require training normally obtained through Grade 12 technical school education, technical program, or its equivalent
- Must have considerable mechanical and electrical aptitude
- 3-5 years experience in related industry