The Human Resources Generalist will perform HR related duties at the professional level and will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, selection, on-boarding, induction, employee relations, training, payroll, benefits and administration.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations through various communication platforms.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts Champions hiring process by coordinating job posting on web site, reviewing resumes, scheduling interview, and helps to coordinate the use of temporary employees
- Assists in administration of compensation program; helps to monitor performance appraisal process
- Conducts new employee orientations
- Collects pertinent payroll data
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; HRIS System
- Documents attendance infractions and all disciplinary actions
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion
- Champions HR meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as requested
- Helps to maintain company organization charts and employee directory
- Maintains local HR and employee relations invoices in accordance with A/P procedures
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources procedures for all company employees
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources
- An advanced degree in Human Resource Management and CHRP preferred
Work Experience Required:
- 3-5 years experience in Human Resources, Generalist experience preferred
- Prior experience in the Manufacturing Industry is highly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- HRIS usage experience >3 years
- Advanced MS Excel experience required >3 years
- Candidate Tracking Software preferred