The Information Technology (IT) and Data Management Coordinator facilitates Sherwood Electromotion Inc’s use of computer hardware, software, networks
He or she provides services related to the input, quality and report generation of data supporting all departments of Sherwood Electromotion Inc. He/she also maintains existing systems by monitoring them, responding to problems and performing preventive maintenance. This position focuses on coordinating details to ensure the support and services provided by the IT group are done with attention to detail and ensuring appropriate levels of materials are maintained.
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Problem solving
- Service Orientation
- Utilizing MS ACCESS and ERP System Visual manufacturing to create user-friendly Excel Reports as required by internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages communications of IT Department with other departments.
- Provides first level help desk services to both internal and external departments on various software and hardware issues.
- Tracks all internal and external requests using action request ticketing system and resolving tickets within 1-2 week time frame.
- Solely responsible for I.T related preventive daily, routine tasks which include but are not limited to Carbon Dust Blow outs of PC’s in production every 2-3 months, Server System backups daily, Cable Routing, maintenance of telephone and printer system and backups, new employee system orientation etc…
- Assists with IT project management with the utmost urgency such as vendor management and correspondence, internal projects etc…
- Files and archives all IT related documents (i.e. requisitions, software licenses, software locations, etc.).
- Assists with inventory management, which includes PO Generation, order tracking and all IT Inventory.
- Documents all defective parts for connected products and assists with tracking to ensure proper procedures for return/replacement are followed.
- Creates documentation of all policies and procedures related to ERP system and excel reports.
- Assists in the training of new software for both internal and external customers as new releases become available or new software is purchased.
- Plan, recommend, and implement technology projects.
- Provide budget and purchasing recommendations.
- Monitor systems, respond to emergencies, and pre-empt problems.
- Install and maintain hardware and software, including server and desktop computers, databases, Windows, Linux, network routers and switches, cabling, and other communications equipment in both an office environment and in the field at remote sites.
- Ensure high quality data accuracy is available for extraction as needed by developing and implementing systems to identify, track, correct and prevent errors.
- Establish and lead processes to develop standardized data entry.
- Act as the primary contact regarding data support, data management issues and reporting capabilities.
- Ensure information regarding data support, quality and management is distributed to all relevant staff in all departments.
- Travel to SEI USA Plant as required to conduct system maintenance
- Receive and prioritize requests for data reports and information.
- Disseminate reports and data analysis to relevant staff members, senior management.
- Communicate issues with system-wide implication to the appropriate internal and external contacts.
- College/University or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented and be able to work well independently as well as within a team.
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Background in technical support with emphasis on problem resolution. Ability to effectively communicate with users and troubleshoot problems offering optimal solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with both technical and non-technical parts of the organization.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask, working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, think independently, and take the initiative required to resolve issues in a team structure.
- Aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies as they emerge.
- Working knowledge of: Firewall, MS Office, SQL server, Windows, Trouble-Shooting Software, Deployments Software Hardware, Linux, Solaris, UNIX, Hardware Support, Networking Support, Database Tuning, Trouble-Shooting Networks, Enterprise Development Methodology.
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures
- Advanced knowledge of web design/application principles and tools,
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms
- Proficiency with Visual Basic, C++, MS ACESS databases.
- Proficiency with VPN networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations internationally and domestically
- Some experience managing budgets for an IT department.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required