Sherwood Electromotion Inc. (SEI) is a leading independent provider of assembly, overhaul and manufacturing services for propulsion systems equipment
We are currently looking for a Junior Machinist to join our production team. A Junior Machinist will work on manual lathe, milling machines, and grinders. They will perform complex fabrication, shaping, modification and repair work on a variety of electric rotating equipment. This work involves the calculation of dimensions and tolerances, the set-up, adjustment and operation of machine tools.
- Set up and operate manual lathe
- Operate milling machines
- Work with vertical and radial drill press
- Use both automatic and manual undercutting machines and tools
- Perform all mechanical measurements to rebuild motor components and tools
- Use balance and brush plating machines.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a related industry
- Must have mechanical or electrical aptitude
- Basic mathematical capabilities with an understanding of tolerances and bearing fits.
- Capable of reading mechanical drawings and specifications
- Understanding of safety concepts including ISO 9001
- Knowledge of basic manual ARC welding
Start your career with Sherwood Electromotion Inc. today and be part of a team that rewards quality and integrity with competitive pay, employee benefits and, profit sharing.
While we appreciate all candidates who express interest only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: We are few minutes walking distance from the new TTC Subway in Vaughan