To wind armature and stators, perform electrical and mechanical testing using all measuring apparatus as they relate to armature analysis and re-winding processes.
Duties and Responsibly
- Capable of performing Mechanical Measurements using Calipers and Micrometers.
- Capable of reading and understanding armature and stator winding diagrams and data as it relates to their preparations.
- Able to rewind DC Armatures.
- Able to rewind AC Stators.
- Knowledge of armature and stators construction and insulations, stripping, core preparation and subsequent rewinding to manufacturing specifications.
- Fundamentals of Electrical Theory.
- Understanding of Armature finishing and principles of total indicator run-out and balancing.
- Able to follow written and verbal operating instructions.
- Basic mathematical capabilities with an understanding of tolerances and bearing fits.
Operating principles and the use of the following equipment
- Armature winding machines
- Lathes and banding tension attaching
- Hydraulics presses and pullers
- Cutting machines
- Burn-off and Curing ovens
- Tig welding, soldering and brazing equipment
- Operation of cranes and Material Handling Equipment
- Understanding of Safety and ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum High School or Technical School.
- Must have a considerable Mechanical and or Electrical Aptitude.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related industry.